6.4.08

More of that snow stuff...



The first thing I thought this morning was that I should be out with my camera. But soon realised that this would amount to nothing much, just pictures of snow. All to often in the past I would go out just because there was snow, fog etc. But this rarely makes for long lasting images. As you progress as a photographer you tend to edit your subject matter through time. Today is a good example as I have no pictures of snow scenes in my body of work, so to put one in would just look odd and out of place, even if it was extraordinary.
I guess its the difference between photographers that document an image and freeze a moment in time, and photographers that create an image which can be timeless. I would like to think I am the latter...
Hope I am making sense today, anyway, above is one image by Olaf Otto Becker that took my breath away when I first saw it, and yes its of snow. As for Piglet, well he always wants to go out and make pictures...

No comments: