13.6.08

Thought of the Day/week..


I thought I better mention Polaroid today and the fact that it will no longer be with us. This should not be a time of sadness, but rather a celebration for what Polaroid gave us. Blah, Blah, Blah.
The only thing I ever found Polaroids good for where checking my composistion and even then I either missed the light with all my faffing about, or got stressed out because I had no where to put the peely off bit.. So I never really used it and was better off without it. I do feel for those commercial photographers shooting 5/4 and needing a proof for a client, but hey, at least you won't spend the entire shoot trying to get it like the Polaroid. As for those who used it as an art form, well I never really went for that either and can't believe how many books on making image transfers there are....

So as we come to the end of the chemical instant era (yes, I am aware of Fuji instant, but its only a matter of time) why not look back on all your old Polaroids taken by Grannie at Christmas, that is providing there not too faded and blurred.....And then burn them......Only kidding, just put them in the bin...

No comments: