20.6.08

Coolio...




I came across Kevin Cooley's work on another blog I don't recall (I tend to read one then go on the links, its a never ending quest..).
His Night Shift series is just wonderful so I guess these could be classed as shot of the week.
I have often had plane trails in some of my night shots, but never made a thing of it (see left). Its touches like this that make this kind of photography stand out.
Night Photography, or as I tend to call it 'I'm cold hungry and slightly damp' is so popular these days. But in my opinion few do it really well, the majority tending to try and duplicate others..
I took my first night shot when I was twelve years old some 23 years ago (see first post ever on this blog). This is not to say I pioneered the practice, just a reminder that I have been doing this kind of work for a long time. So when I see work of this nature its not just the images I like, I also have a big appreciation to the amount of effort I know they have put in to creating an image onlookers rarely understand.
I do not know where you are from Mr. Cooley, in fact I know nothing about you. But that doesn't matter really does it, I just like the work.

Coolio...

No comments: