24.6.09

Jennie Gunhammer 1975-2009

I was saddened to hear today of the passing of Jennie Gunhammar who's moving body of work opened the Diemar Noble Gallery a few months ago.
I do believe it is bodies of work like the late Jennie's that although challenging and for some not so comfortable to look at they do play a very important role in photography as the documentation of people lives and how fragile that can be. Although most of my own work is a thousand miles away from photography such as this I have the greatest respect for photographers who choose to make 'Documentary images' over 'Pretty Pictures' like mine. Jennie Gunhammar's work is a document of her life, something she chose to share with everyone and for that I will always have deep admiration.
You can see her work here.

No comments: