13.6.09

Good Old Hand Job.

Following on from my last post regarding the old black and white printing, I was going through a few colour prints today most of which I tend to print myself (of course). I do have a fair few prints especially in the bigger sizes where I have gone the digital C Type route as apposed to the C Type hand print. On their own the Digital prints look the business, but next to a hand print they lack the depth and richness of a good old hand job. This goes back to my usual rant of how we eventually accept a lesser quality for the sake of either new better technology (apparently) or simple convenience blah, blah, blah...
Its a bit like fake leather, looks the same from a distance but close up or compared to the real thing its never as good unless your a vegan.

No comments: