30.5.08

Shot Of The Week...Yeeee Haaaaa...


The work of Matthew Porter is just fine fabulous.
It may come of no surprise that he is a graduate of Bard College and taught under Stephen Shore. How great to be taught by someone like Shore. I can't even remember the name of my tutors. I remeber one of them talking about nothing but Grey Cards for exposure purposes and how he once had to select perfect round peas for a Birds Eye shoot (no photo shop back in the 1900's) and thats about it. Most of my time at college was spent chasing girls and dancing, but of course now I just dance....
Anyway back to Matthew Porter and his brilliant images. I think his website is very confident in its arrangement of photography (see for yourself) as he has mixed some of the images in with things that are out of context and somehow it works.

No comments: