25.5.08

Heeps of work.....




After several days of editing which cut into my puppy training of my second sidekick Peanut (way off topic I know, little turds all over the place..) I can no longer stand the sight of lava fields and long exposures (of course this will pass) so I thought it would be nice look at someone else's work....
Richard Heeps is a photographer who's work I have frequented a fair bit over the years mainly due to the similar themes which I have also covered Stateside.
As I have only just realised that Richard Heeps is British. (I guess this comes from my genius and lack of common sense) I now find the images even more appealing, but its the content I am interested in, not so much the technique. Its easy to see the Shore, Eggleston influence but I do find Heeps a work a little on the 'ruff' side.
There is a vast amount of imagery on his website but the big let down is when you click on an image all the prices and sizes appear which I think looks tacky, cheap and a little un- professional in my book. But technicalities aside I think the work deserves a look.
He has a show on at the Rathbone Gallery in London until the 5th July which is where I had my end of year show in the 1850's, well thats how long ago it feels....

No comments: