9.12.08

NEW YORK NEW YORK.....









I had a request today for some images of New York. Although I have spent a fair bit of time in the Big Fat Apple its a place I have always found difficult to photograph taking to a 35mm compact rather than a 5/4" (did take the 5/4 once, was a complete disaster). Its a bit like making images of London, way too many people and rules to be broken. Besides that theres just too much clutter for my liking, I would rather take to the desert. Having said that though many a photographer has done a spiffing job especially in olden times the best example probably being someone like Stieglitz or may be even that Steichen fella for that matter.
The most recent body of work which should be mentioned concerning New York would be Joel Meyerowitz's haunting images of the 911 World Trade Centre 'Aftermath', sadly an important document of our times.

Well heres what I dug out today. They really do nothing for me photographically but do bring back memories of my trips, and yes, that cactus lamp does look like a willy.... Ouch...

No comments: