17.1.09

Thought of the day...


I was chatting with Nice Guy Eddie the other day who processes my film (and therefore must be the best in town..) and he told me a tale of when he was at the Grand Canyon a few years back. The sun was starting to set and so he left his wife and kids (not in a divorce kind of way you understand) and set off to seek peace along the rim of the great crack in the earth. After the sun had sunk beneath the horizon and the sky turned a multitude of colour, he told me of a magical moment as the words "Take me now" (not in a sacrifice kind of way you understand) filled his peaceful mind. Funny this may seem, but I knew exactly what he meant as I have felt that way many times myself. Few words can describe those truly magical moments when the air seems to change and the mystical light fills you with a tingle of sorts, if only for a few moments. Its one of the reasons I do what I do.
One thing I do know is that these moments are impossible to capture on film, still or otherwise. You can try my photo loving plums, but it will be in vain...

Regarding Nice Guy Eddie, I am glad he was not taken at that precise moment on the South Rim as I don't trust anyone else with my precious film.

No comments: