1.10.08

What Economy....

Although I am not one of those people who wrap themselves in a blanket, turn off all the lights and hide in the corner whilst worrying about the economy, I have been on the edge a little since I started my accounts a few days ago. My own little economy is forever getting into trouble with expenses usually far exceeding my profit margins at which point I have to question why I took the artist route, especially when the cost of prints and shipping, plus 50% percent commission from the gallery (how did this ever happen) leaves me with barely enough to buy an espresso. The days of having an exhibition just for the thrill of it are long gone and like everything else in the world money has become the key factor...But my friends there is hope with the prospect of a new solo show in the spring I am rising up from the rubble despair. There has been much interest in my coastal project and its not even finished, so now the heat is on, and my ginger beard almost ready for the North....
As always stay tuned for more info.....

No comments: