8.10.08

Photomonth (apparently)


As we are in the throws of Photo Month (I shall not pretend I knew anything about this, in fact I only discovered it this morning when I read the BJP) I thought I should mention something here as I would like to think of this blog as the small dirt road to whats going on in the photography world.. Photomonth basically looks like lots of juicy photography going on in the East End which may be worth a visit. Apparently this has been going on since 2002...
I particularly like the look of Kate Peters work. She has a very well thought out website and some very interesting work which although not the most original of content (who's is), her images of Chernobyl, America and dusty interiors are exceptionally well executed.
The work of Toby Smith also caught my eye in particular the Light After Dark series but I did not care for the lenghty text explaining the subject matter which really isn't necessary and perhaps a little overboard as the work speaks for itself. I would hate to say that Michael Kenna would never worded such things, but he did not...(see for yourself) but thats enough waffle from me, although I may come back to Smiths work some other time...
So theres lots to see this month photographically speaking, just wish someone told me sooner. Even my local village fate and 'Bake a Cake' Fridays had more press than this.....

No comments: