1.9.08

Blah, Blah, Blah....



I don't think there has been a week that has gone by lately when someone hasn't said to me; "Oh the resession, oh, it will effect 'The Arts' first, Oh, no one buys prints in these times, oh Marcus what will you do, maybe your dad could get you a job at the tin factory..." To be honest it makes me want to dig out my 18 ounce boxing gloves and go to town on the blighters, Its just not what I want to hear. Its usually the same people that tell you that no one makes a living just selling prints which is utter rubbish as Ansel Adams made over a million dollars in print sales the first year he started to sell. May I also mention Andreas Gursky, Gregory Grewdson, Jeff Wall, Richard Misrach, so on and so forth..... May I also add to the list the kind of people who tell me soon I wont be able to get any film, or that camera will give you a bad back. Just go write a poem or something....
Doing what I do you have to remain positive. I am not in the habit of crawling into a dark corner and waiting for things to pass. Nuff said..

Now I have that off my chest heres some beautiful work by one Christian Weber. Wonderful work in particular 'A Reason To Believe' project. Its really something (see above)..

No comments: