10.9.16

I am not a writer..

A broken chair and a little ball. 2016

There are parts of Los Angeles that always made me feel like a writer. Of course these are usually the parts of LA where a lot of writers reside and take up all the seating in the local cafes.
I should quickly point out that I would never profess, try, or even think of myself as being able to write well. I just like the idea of it, starting with nothing but a blank sheet, just like photograph. But sitting here at my friends desk looking out into a mystical garden of peace (that's the best I got) I feel like I could write something, hence this dizzy posting.

Of course we all know that a photograph can tell a story, but whether that story is true of what the viewer sees is vastly debatable and too intelligent a subject to discuss here on the B.

I have always left my imagery open to interpretation and try not to 'add ideas later' which is so often the case in photography or any other art form for that matter. I do this because I'm still not sure why I make most of my images, I just do. Sound odd, well just ask any other photographer.

No comments: