27.9.15

Another Return..

I only have one project where upon I revisited the same place more than once, and that of course is my Thursdays by the Sea work.
Its now more than ten years since I started the project, but I still get the same feeling everytime I arrive there and see the thermometer rise with the smell of decay. 
The whole area is constanly changing and theres always something different to photograph which is probably what keeps pulling me back there like some fickle mistress. 
On my recent visit I was interested as to how much the sea/lake had receeded since the water that was once replenishing the lake had been cut off due to drought restrictions last year. Where there had once been water, all be it rancid and smelly, there was now dirt made up mostly of broken shells, fish bones and what can only be described as the smell of death....

2015

2005

No comments: