4.5.09

Levi's not pants...


I came across the work of Levi Wedel just after my little rant and had a nice time looking at his Invisible City series. In contrast to my last post I like the cleanness of these images because it is fitting to the subject matter. They are not decaying, peely paint infested, crumbling grandeur. They are clinical, overly lit and gastly in content. This is by far my favorite section and in my opinion the one less influenced from other photographers unlike the Record of Absence and Space, Time and Change which eco Friedlander and Eggleston.
As for Levi's night work These City Lights, well I find these a too cluttered for my liking and always found the challenge of night photography all to do with a less is more approach. But thats just me..

Rather proud of the title on this one.


No comments: