29.4.15

The joy of prints..

While on a trip to the homeland I was reminded of the importance a photographic print can have.
Upon clearing an old drawer my Scottish Auntie Morag found a portrait I had made of my late Uncle Les. I worked out that the print must of been in there for almost 30 years at a time when portraits were my thing and all I had was a canon camera and a 50mm lens. It was a cracking image and surprisingly sharp. Yes, the printing was a little heavy handed (made in my bedroom/ makeshift darkroom) but it was great to see.
The portrait now takes pride of place in my Aunties house and is a wonderful reminder of a great man.
It saddens me to think that in this age of the social network the only things being found in draws are old phone chargers instead of photographs and memories.


No comments: