23.3.09

I want to be an Oldie...


As a photographer I am lucky enough to have pretty much achieved everything I set out to do. A book, a few nice exhibitions and a little recognition. I have never asked for much, never expected much and can look back without regret. All I would like for the future is to be able to keep on shooting and always have a passion for photography.
I was talking with someone at the show of the year last week and they told me that when they were studying photography one of their Tutors used several of my images (including the one above) and spoke with reference about my work. In my opinion this is one of the greatest compliments a photographer can have. It means your work has a little more status, and perhaps a little place in peoples minds.. This got me thinking of how great it must be to create a body of work that is remembered long after you are gone. How this will work in a future of pixels I do not know. I would like to think that at some point we are all given a break from the Adams, Westons, Steichen's etc..Because as wonderful as these images are, I'm getting a little bored of the same old oldies.
Stand aside please..

No comments: