30.4.08

A trip to the Homeland...


A trip to the homeland always brings back memories of a younger self in a time when one would go for walks through the mountain passes, drink from the crystal flowing waters, and maybe make a daisy chain.
I thought I would try and get some of my 'By Coastal' project done before I jet off overseas and although fully equipped I was missing some canned air, a product I consider to be one of the biggest cons of the 21st century, they may as well put it in a bag. But as I had to load a fair few dark slides I needed the 'Air Supply' (what a band they where) and had no choice. Now, I have come to accept that buying film out of London is a pretty grim reality and most of the young generation don't even know what film is with quotes like "Film, is that was my grandpa used to use in the 1930's" but when you can't purchase a can of air but can have a photograph put on a T Shirt, or a cup, or a coaster, or a towel, or a cushion, or a bag, or made into a tattoo, or better still buy a digital camera for five pence, It leaves me wondering where all the 'trapped air' is. So I guess its back to blowing spit all over my dark slides, unless I can catch some air in a bin bag..

By the way the picture above was not of my youth, (I know you thought it was), it was taken in my printing days when I was very stressed most of the time but surprisingly still had my hair. Can you believe I am still doing that pose....

No comments: