8.4.08

My, thats a long one.........




Well this could of been me today holding my very own Art Panoramic 6/24cm camera. I picked up a beaten up version a few days ago with the intention of cleaning it up and heading for the hills. I thought I had it in the bag foolishly thinking all the lenses from my 5/4 kit would fit and work perfectly..... Balls was the word that sprung to mind having got back my test rolls, blurred as grandad's glasses. Further testing told me that although the lenses did fit, the rear element (which is bigger than standard lenses as all my lenses are fast so good for focusing in low light) did not allow the lens to get close enough to the film plain to focus..
As I don't intend to spend a fortune on a new set of lenses, the camera will be returned and perhaps I will weep a little...I know its pathetic....
Throughout my photographic career (what career I hear you say) I have always been quoted the line "Its not the camera, its the photographer that makes the picture" well that all depends on what kind of camera you use. Don't think I could pull it off with an old 110 or a disc camera from Boots.

No comments: