16.6.08

What A Gem Again...



I mentioned Jem Southam's work way back in April and remarked what fine quality his work is. So imagine my delights today when at my 'get your big prints done here lab' I was introduced to the man himself, and what a delightfully nice chap he is. Things could easily have gone the other way had I slagged off the big print hanging up being as Jem was right beside me when I commented on what was to be one of his fine images.
Its always inspiring when you meet a photographer who's work you admire, especially when they are as nice as Mr. Southam.
So we talked a little, mostly about technique and the joys of the large negative, then rather than offer to arm wrestle him which I normally do when I meet a fellow photographer, I left the lab and bought one of his books Landscape Stories. (cover shot above) Now thats what you call inspiration...

No comments: