27.10.10

Something to watch..

No one does Landscape Photography quite like the multi pocketed vest wearing Thespian that is Charlie Waite. Although a thousand miles from what I would personally do, I still enjoying his teachings and I think we could all learn a thing or two.
I came across these videos on the You Tube and they are quite delightful. The first one talks about light, but admittedly I thought it was a Hitchcockian spoof at first.

I especially liked the way Charlie talks about setting up a shot and waiting for the sun to set with lots of lovely deep reds, but instead takes a few frames on a bright sunny day and then goes home.

Classic...

2 comments:

Mauro said...

Hi,
thanks for pointing this out. I've been following C.W.'s articles a while ago but as much as you, even on the distance, I still think that he is one of the most interesting traditional landscapist.

marcus doyle said...

Charlie is one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I might of even of worked with him on his Light And Land tours but I slagged off the Take A View competition he organises.. Quite badly..