25.1.10

I wouldn't say that I am a xenophobe, but....

I'm not a terrorist, I'm a moody git.

After Saturdays shenanigans in town regarding the Mass Photo Gathering I soon realised that I cannot stomach being around photographers as a whole. With people shouting out silly comments, waving Canons in the air and taunting the police (and that was just me) I became quite sickly at the sight of it all. As much as I believe in what they are doing I really don't think it will do much good. May be its because I have never been bothered by the Cops as a lot of these guys have, or may be I am just a miserable git.. Of course this is no reflection on an single photographer, just groups of them. It used to be the same back in the day when the AOP awards night was something to talk about. I could never get out of there quick enough.

I have often remarked on here how territorial one can become once armed with a camera, the slightest whiff of another wide angle and tripod I become a photographic beast, stomping around like a moody toddler shouting things like; "Get your own landscape!" and "This is my Island, get off!" But if you see me, dont be put off, come and say hello. And then get lost...

No comments: