6.7.09

HICKSVILLE...



I have seen the odd Samuel Hicks image around from his 'On the way' series (above) and although nothing groundbreaking they are rather nice. I am reminded of what a joy America is to photograph, the freedom, the landscape and the light all add up to a photographers paradise which is why so many images like these (including my own) are in circulation today.

I will always feel the pull of the American landscape and look forward to the day when I return regardless of how many have photographed the West. Theres a feeling you get when shooting in the late afternoon of say somewhere like California that you just don't get anywhere else. But enough about me, Mr Hicks is showing here in Brighton which may be an excuse to walk along the sea front with the salty wind in your hair and stuff your face with ice cream.

Thanks for the link Bro.


No comments: