24.9.08

Behold.The Queen...


In between researching my ongoing coastal project and making a fine apple pie, I managed to sit down (written as if I was incredibly busy and important..) and watch Annie Leibovitz's 'Life Through A Lens'. After my harsh words a few weeks ago on her alleged debt and how if it where true how appalling that would be, I felt obligated to watch this film on the worlds/ Americas most famous photographer. When I awoke an hour later I realised I was none the wiser regarding the life of Leibovitz other than she took some drugs early on, went into rehab, then became a household name.
To some up this film (and others like it) I would say that just because someone photographs interesting people (or makes interesting and beautiful images), does not mean they themselves are interesting, or should I say interesting enough to make a film about...This is no reflection on a truly great photographer, I am sure she is very nice in the flesh and she can photo me anytime. She just doesn't seem to have anything interesting to say... But hey, no one has even heard of me, but I am an entertainer....

No comments: