8.8.08

Shot Of The Week. Christian Houge.


I first met Christian Houge way back in November 2004 (or was it 2005) at Paris Photo where we where both exhibiting. We talked for many hours about photography and have always stayed in touch via the web. I don't think I have ever met a more likeable photographer and one so open about his work. Of course I would never of met Christian had I not liked his work so much, in particular the Artic Technology series (traveling in the Artic circle on a skiddo armed with a camera and a rifle, what could be better..(the camera a 6/17 panoramic, the rifle for the odd angry Polar Bear, or may be snow villians))

I recently received an email from Christian telling me he has just had his website re-vamped. I would urge you to check it out. The work is fantastic and although the images on the site are of high quality, the prints (the ones I have seen) are breath taking.

No comments: